Coolum Shutters are made right here in Australia giving you a quicker lead time than China while supporting Australian jobs and manufacturing.
Shutters produce adjustable privacy when required, whilst maintaining an open
feel in the room, unlike many window coverings that make rooms feel
claustrophobic when drawn. In addition, shutters have the ability to dampen
vibrations and reduce or confine noise.
Coolum shutter is made from Recyclable PVC material giving you durable and water-resistant & fire retardant shutter that can be used in any room including bathrooms & kitchens. PVC is also a great insulator over timber shutters giving you cost saving in heating and cooling bills.
The smooth durable waterbased acrylic paint finish is easy to clean that will ensure your shutters will look like new for years to come.
We recycle as much packaging as possible.
Shutters are delivered with a lot of protective packaging to protect your shutters. Border Blinds strive to be as eco-friendly as possible in recycling as much of this packaging as possible. The cardboard is recycled through Solo Waste, the plastic bubble wrap is supplied to other local companies like surfboard manufacturers to wrap their boards for shipping and any remaining foam products are recycled where possible. This leaves very little to no product going into landfill.
Features & Benefits
- Made in Australia.
- Shutters provide great privacy while still maintaining maximum airflow.
- Made from UV stable PVC.
- Reduces heating & cooling costs due to superior insulating properties. Provides noise reduction.
- Resistant to moisture, humidity, UV rays and termites.
- Superior fire retarding properties.
- Aluminium reinforced panel frames provided strength and stability.
- Perfect for wet areas, such as bathrooms or any window in your home.
- Tension screw system, ensures long term trouble free louvre movement.
- All blades aluminium reinforced & available 89mm width.
- Smooth, durable paint finish which is easy to clean without chemicals or detergents.
- Durable Single pack finish and will not crack, chip or split.
- 10 Year Structural Warranty*
- 2 Year Paint Warranty*
- 1 Year on Hinges, Catches & Installation Warranty*
- Up to 5 Weeks from deposit to installation.
- White only
BMAA INDUSTRY GUIDELINE
BMAA (Blinds Manufacturers Association of Australia)
BMAA has prepared an Industry Guideline regarding Plantation Shutters.
Plantation Shutters are an appealing window and door dressing, considered to be at the pinnacle of window covering types. They are manufactured from robust materials and are considered to be fine furniture that typically increases the value of a home.
Compared to other window covering types, the robust nature of Plantation Shutters also makes them substantially heavier, and when gravity combines with a Hinged or Bi-fold installation method, it is usual for slight dropping or sagging to occur to the panels when operated out of their closed position.
The louvres of the shutter are used to control the light entering a room, but where access to the window is required for opening or cleaning the window, the shutter panels can be swung out of the way. It is expected that the panel will need to be lifted or assisted back into the window frame when closing, to support the panel and avoid damage to the window frame. To maintain structural integrity, shutter
panels should be returned to their closed position promptly.
Shutters are not expected to provide complete block out and are designed primarily to allow the user to easily and efficiently control light and airflow.