Coolum (PVC) Warranty
Product Warranty & Coating Warranty
We warrant the shutter profile components in the product known as Coolum which is distributed by Border Blinds Shutters & Awnings (“the Distributor”). This product comprises the shutters poly-resin profiles (blades and frames) is warranted for a period of 10 years from the date of installation of the shutters against decomposition provided that the product is installed internally (“the Product Warranty”).
A separate warranty is given by the Distributor for a period of 2 years for the coating on the product if the product is sold by the Distributor (“the Coating Warranty”). The Coating Warranty is a warranty that the coating shall not have an imperfection visible to the naked eye in sunlight at a distance of 1.5 metres (other than minor colour variations which may occur between samples supplied). No warranty is given as to the installation or the manner of application or fixing.
All hardware that is supplied with the shutters (ie. hinges, tracking, Catches & locks), service and installation are warranted for 1 year.
The Product Warranty, Coating Warranty, and Hardware Warranty are together referred to as the Warranties.
The Warranties apply only when the shutters are installed by a representative of Border Blinds Shutters & Awnings and are used for the intended purposes for which the shutters have been manufactured.
The Warranties are not transferable and are only available to the customer to whom the invoice is addressed.
Light Gaps in Plantation Shutters
There is a tolerance in manufacturing shutters that allows for small variations in light gaps between plantation shutter blades.
This means the light gaps are not to be inspected when the blades are fully closed (closed tight) but rather, with a 4-6mm separation between the blades.
Plantation shutters are not designed to, and should never be sold as a complete block out product. Therefore, they should not be judged as such.
Warranty Commencement Condition
The Warranties shall be valid from your invoice date.
The Product Warranty and the Coating Warranty do not cover:
- Defects due to any contamination or pollution due to surface dirt or staining.
- Any unreasonable or unusual use of a failure to carry out normal maintenance and cleaning.
- Misuse of any kind including leaving panels open into the room hanging from the hinges and not in the frame.
- Any damage caused by damage to the building or other events or other acts of God, accidents or intentional damage.
- Any modification or repair to a shutter panel or frame by a person other than an authorized installer.
- Use of silicon-based sprays or abrasive cleaning agents on the product. Making a Claim In the event that a customer wishes to make a claim with respect to either warranty, the customer must notify the Distributor in writing within a period of one calendar month of first detecting the defect.
The notice to the Distributor must include:
- The name and address of the customer and place of installation of the shutter panels and frames.
- The date of installation of the product.
- A brief description of the defect for which the warranty claim is being made.
Upon receipt of this information, the Distributor will cause the product to be inspected and a determination made as to whether the warranty covers the defect advised by the customer.
Costs in Making a Claim
The consumer may be required to pay the cost of any travelling time to inspect the shutter panels and frames, freight or handling costs, any removal and installation costs after the 12 months form installation.
Distributor’s Obligations Under the Warranty
The liability of the Distributor shall be limited, at the option of the Distributor, to one or more of the following:
- The replacement of the product or the supply or equivalent product.
- The repair of the product.
- The payment of the cost of replacing the product or the acquiring equivalent product: or
- The payment of the cost of having the product repaired.
- A refund to the customer of the cost paid by the customer for the product.