Exterior Fabric Awning Warranty
Product Warranty & Coating Warranty
We warrant the Fabric Awning which is distributed by Border Blinds Shutters & Awnings (“the Distributor”). This product comprises of different materials is warranted for a period of up to 1 year on all component, service and installation other than the fabric from the date of installation (“the Product Warranty”).
A separate warranty is given by the Distributor for a period of up to 10 years (see attached for your fabric warranty) for the fabric on the product if the product is sold by the Distributor (“the Fabric Warranty”). The Fabric Warranty is a warranty that the fabric shall not have an abnormal or excessive fading visible to the naked eye in sunlight at a distance of 1.5 metres (other than becoming nonfunctional due to loss of dimensional stability from exposure to conditions including sunlight and other normal atmospheric conditions gradual fading, discolouration from atmospheric pollution or other debris and minor colour variations which may occur between samples supplied).
The Product Warranty and Hardware Warranty are together referred to as the Warranties.
The Warranties apply only when the awnings are installed by a representative of Border Blinds Shutters & Awnings and are used for the intended purposes for which the awnings have been sold & manufactured.
The Warranties are not transferable and are only available to the customer to whom the invoice is addressed.
Warranty Commencement Condition
The Warranties shall be valid from your invoice date.
The Product Warranty and the Coating Warranty do not cover:
- Defects due to any contamination or pollution due to surface dirt or staining.
- Strong winds
- Gradual fading, discolouration from atmospheric pollution or other debris. Abnormal or excessive fading is covered in the warranty period as attached.
- Any unreasonable or unusual use of a failure to carry out normal maintenance and cleaning.
- Any damage caused by damage to the building or other events or other acts of God, accidents or intentional damage.
- Any modification or repair the awning by a person other than an authorized installer.
- Use of abrasive cleaning agents on the product.
Making a Claim
In the event that a customer wishes to make a claim with respect to either warranty, the customer must notify the Distributor in writing within a period of one calendar month of first detecting the defect.
The notice to the Distributor must include:
- The name and address of the customer and place of installation of the awning.
- The date of installation of the product.
- >A brief description of the defect for which the warranty claim is being made.
Upon receipt of this information Border Blinds Shutters & Awnings will arrange a time for the product to be inspected and a determination made as to whether the warranty covers the defect advised by the customer.
Costs in Making a Claim
The consumer may be required to pay the cost of any travelling time to inspect the product, freight or handling costs, any removal and installation costs after the first year.
Distributor’s Obligations Under the Warranty
The liability of the Distributor shall be limited, at the option of the Distributor, to one or more of the following:
- (a) The replacement of the product or the supply or equivalent product.
- (b) The repair of the product.
- (c) The payment of the cost of replacing the product or the acquiring equivalent product: or
- (d) The payment of the cost of having the product repaired.
- (e) A refund to the customer of the cost paid by the customer for the product.